Effective date: June 22, 2022.
- • What information we collect and how we collect it;
- • How we use that information;
- • Legal bases for the use of your information;
- • How we share and disclose your information;
- • Data subject rights and your choices;
- • Third party links and features;
- • Children’s privacy;
- • Transfer of information to other countries;
- • How long we keep your information;
- • How we protect the information we store about you;
- • How to contact us.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
The information we collect about you falls into two categories: information you provide directly to us, and information we collect automatically.
1. Information That You Share with Us Directly
a. Account and Profile Information
We may let you create a player profile based on your social networking site profile if you choose to link your game to your social networking account. We may also allow you to include the following information, which may be visible to other players:
- • an avatar (your profile photo)
- • a username that is chosen by you
- • biographic details (like your age range), in limited circumstances, and
- • your country
If you sign in through or link to your social media profile, we will automatically collect certain information – please see section ‘Information We Collect Automatically’ for more detail. Please also note that your use of social media networks may also be subject to those networks’ policies.
When you start playing our game, we will also create an internal ID that is used by Wildlife to identify your profile and differentiate you from other players.
Certain games allow certain information to be publicly accessible to other players, including:
- • The Wildlife Studios player ID
- • Your username and
- • Your player profile picture
b. Information about your contacts
Certain of our Services give you the ability to import your address book contacts, including names, email addresses, and social media handles, if available, or manually enter them so that you can find your contacts on Wildlife Studios and invite them to play our apps or to other of our Services. You are responsible for obtaining your contacts' permission when you choose to provide their contact information to us. We may receive information about you from other Wildlife Studios users who import or manually share their contacts. We use and may store any or all of this contact information to enable you and your contacts to connect through all of our Services. If you want to remove the contacts stored in our apps or Services, follow the instructions provided in the particular app or Service to request that we remove them from our systems for that app or Service. If you have provided us your contacts in multiple apps or Services and want to remove those contacts from all apps and Services, you will need to take this step in each app or Service. If you need to enter a password to allow us to access your address book, we will not store that password.
c. Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
Certain of our Services allow you to communicate or share information with Wildlife Studios and with other Wildlife Studios players. These features include:
- • player forums, message boards, and chat functions
- • the ability to post public comments on other players’ profiles
- • private messaging
- • the ability to send invitations to other players, and/or
- • photo or drawing sharing
You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record, and/or store any of these communications, comments, photos, and drawings on our servers. We use these communications to protect the safety and well-being of our players and Wildlife Studios' rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, and personalize our Services and our players’ experiences, including through analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
d. Payment Information
If you make a purchase in our Services, such as a license to use in-app virtual currency or virtual items in an app you play, our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information to process your charges. Wildlife Studios does not collect or store your financial information. However, Wildlife Studios' payment processors may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, like transaction information, transaction ID, the items purchased, and value in order to fulfill your order.
Please note that purchases of third-party credits or currencies may also be subject to those parties’ policies.
e. Player Support Correspondence
When you contact our Player Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and email address), information about your game play or activity on our Services, your Wildlife Studios player ID number, and your location. We will also store the communications you have with the Customer Service team and any information in those communications in order to provide support and comply with legal obligations.
f. Australian users
We do not require you to disclose any sensitive information (e.g., details of your race, religious belief, sexual orientation, or membership in a trade union) to us. If you do provide us with sensitive information for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information and using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Privacy Act and other relevant laws.
2. Information We Collect Automatically
a. Information from Social Networks
If you play Wildlife Studios' apps or access any of our other Services by using a social network (such as Facebook), we automatically receive certain information about you from the social network, depending upon the Wildlife Studios app you’re playing, the social network, and your friends and your privacy settings on that social network. For example, Wildlife Studios may automatically collect and store some or all the following information provided by the social network:
- • your first and last name
- • your profile picture or its URL
- • your social network ID number, which is linked to publicly available information like your name and profile photo
- • public data for your friends (including their social network ID numbers)
- • information from friends who have also linked their social media accounts with our app
- • the login email you provided to that social network when you registered with it
- • the location of the devices you use to access our Services
- • your gender
- • other publicly available information on the social network, and/or
- • any other information that you or the social networks share with us
b. Tracking Technologies
We, and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, may store log files and use tracking technologies, such as:
- • device identifiers such as the IDFA (the identifier for advertisers on iOS), when you authorize us to, and AAID (Google's advertising identifier, for Android devices), and
- • cookies on our websites, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer that enable us to (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv), enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions.
We and our service providers use these technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information, such as:
- • IP addresses
- • the type of computer or mobile device you are using
- • your operating system version and platform type
- • your mobile device’s identifiers, such as your MAC Address, IDFA, and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI)
- • your browser types and language
- • the website you visited before or after visiting our Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, clicks and time on a page
- • whether or not some of Wildlife Studios’ other apps are installed on your device
- • app activity, and
- • app state and the date and time of activity on our websites or apps
We may connect this information with your social network ID (where available) or the Wildlife Studios player ID.
For more information on how to limit the types of cookies you allow, please see - Opting out of Cookies.
c. Information from Your Mobile Device
If you play Wildlife Studios apps or access our other Services on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also automatically collect:
- • the name you have associated with your device
- • your country, and
- • information about Wildlife Studios apps you have on your device
- • with your permission, your GPS location information
If you want to adjust your privacy preferences on your mobile device, please see - How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information.
d. Information Across Devices and Applications
Sometimes, we or our service providers may use the information we collect -- for instance, usernames, IP addresses, and unique mobile device identifiers or other IDs (like social network ID) -- to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones and tablets), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices.
If you wish to opt out of cross-device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based settings.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We, or our service providers, primarily use the information we collect and store to analyze and improve our Services pursuant to legitimate business interests, to fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, and for other purposes that include:
- • to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences
- • to create player accounts or profiles and to enable you to play our apps
- • to find and recommend other Wildlife Studios players to you
- • to personalize our Services for you
- • to enable players to communicate with each other
- • to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries
- • to process transactions
- • to conduct research and develop new products and Services
- • to protect the safety and well-being of our players
- • to protect Wildlife Studios' rights and property in connection with our Services
- • to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities
- • to enforce our Terms of Service
- • to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising
- • to notify players of in-app updates, new products, or promotional offers
- • to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners
- • to debug, identify and repair errors that impair the existing intended functionality of the Services
- • to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and enforce our agreements with third parties
- • to conduct audits related to interactions, transactions, and other compliance activities, and
- • other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information
a. Email and SMS Message Communications
If you provide your email address to Wildlife Studios, for instance when contacting Player Support, we will use it to respond to your support inquiries or to inform you about in-app activity, including comments from friends and in-app status updates and upgrades, invite you to take part in anonymous surveys, and invite you for events held by Wildlife. Some messages, such as invitations to friends to play an app, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional email messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) ("Promotional Communications") directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences and in compliance with local law. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving further messages and will provide a method for you to opt out of future communications.
In Australia and the European Union, we will only use and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes of marketing our Services or services of third-party organizations where you have consented to us doing so, or as otherwise permitted by law.
b. Use of De-identified and Aggregated Information
We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/ De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also disclose or publish such data for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, advertising, and other business purposes.
c. How We Use Automatic Collection Technologies
- • Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- • Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- • Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- • Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party sites.
d. Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
- • Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with our Terms of Service)
- • Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; to operate our business and our Services; to make and receive payments; to prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services)
- • Where use of your information is necessary to comply with legal requirements and/or defend our legal rights
- • Where we have obtained your prior consent
How We Share Your Information
We will share your information (which may include personal information) for a business purpose with third parties or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the following circumstances:
a. Aggregated/De-identified Information
From time to time, Wildlife Studios may share Aggregate/De-identified Information about the use of the Services for industry analysis, marketing, analytics, advertising, and other business purposes.
b. Friends and Other Wildlife Studios Players
The Services allow you to interact with other players. In most Wildlife Studios apps, if you play or register through a social network (for example, Facebook), your friends will see your name, profile photo and your app activity. In some Wildlife Studios apps, other players, including those who are not your social network friends, will be able to see your app activity and profile, which may include your name or username and your profile photo, and communicate with you within our Services. In certain cases, your profile photo can reveal your social network ID or Wildlife Studios player ID, and access to a social network ID or Wildlife Studios player ID may allow others to view the public information associated with your related social network profile or Wildlife Studios account. Other players may be able to send you app requests or friend requests through the related social network’s or Wildlife Studios' features.
c. Third Party Advertising and Analytics
We allow advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free. To do so, we allow third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers) to serve tailored ads to you on the Services, other sites, and in other applications, and to access their own cookies or tracking technologies on your computer, mobile device, or other devices you use to access the Services, where you provide your consent, as required by applicable law. When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect, or we may share with them and with analytics providers, the following types of information from our Services:
- • performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement)
- • aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (for example, players who live in Berlin)
- • certain technical information (such as IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID)
- • your social network ID, and
- • other contextual data about your game play (such as your level and session duration)
This information may be used for:
- • measuring the effectiveness of advertising, and/or
- • showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising)
Advertisers or advertising networks may collect this information by using one or more tracking technologies described above, such as browser cookies and web beacons.
Please note that if you click on a third-party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by Wildlife Studios or the social network through which you are playing Wildlife Studios' apps.
If you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties, please see - Opting Out of Third Party Tailored Advertising.
We may also use third-party web analytics services (such as Google Analytics and LinkedIn Analytics) on our website Services to collect and analyze traffic and player activity through cookies and similar tools to improve your experience; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
d. Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, the contents of all of your online communications in our Services, and the communications between you and Wildlife Studios may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- • when we have a good faith belief that we must disclose the information in response to a legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena)
- • to comply with any applicable laws or regulations
- • where, in our sole discretion, we believe that the Service is being used to commit a crime, including in order to report criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions
- • when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally, and
- • to protect the rights or property of Wildlife Studios and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service
e. Offer Walls
Wildlife Studios apps or their purchase pages may display an “offer wall” that is hosted by an offer wall provider. An offer wall permits third-party advertisers to provide virtual currency to players in exchange for interacting with an advertisement or for completing a marketing offer that may include signing up for an account with one of those advertisers. These offers are not made by Wildlife Studios. These offers may be shown to you based on certain technical information, like your geographic area or de-identified demographic information. If you click on one of these offers, you will no longer be on a site hosted by Wildlife Studios or the social network through which you are playing Wildlife Studios' apps. To properly credit player accounts and to prevent fraud, a unique identifier, in some cases your social network ID or Wildlife Studios player ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider.
g. Third Party Service Providers
We may share information we collect with our third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, payment processing, email delivery, hosting services, and customer service.
h. Sale or Merger
Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
a. Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information about your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please submit a request using our web form.
Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
- • provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you;
- • prevent the processing of your information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling);
- • update information that is out of date or incorrect;
- • delete certain information which we are holding about you;
- • restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information;
- • transfer your information to a third-party provider of services; and/or
- • revoke your consent for the processing of your information.
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include (depending on the jurisdiction) if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with the information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
If you no longer want Wildlife Studios to use your information, or you otherwise want to exercise your privacy rights under applicable law, you can request the deletion of your account in-app, or you can contact us by submitting a request using our web form or send us an e-mail at email@example.com. Place "Delete My Account" in the subject line, and include your first name, last name, e-mail address, and your unique Player ID in the body of the e-mail. We will respond to your request within the time period stated by applicable law. If you make such a request, you may no longer be able to play such an app or use our Services.
If applicable, you may also make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
b. Information We Receive from a Social Network Where You Play Our Apps or From Your Mobile Device
To manage the information Wildlife Studios receives about you from a social network, like Facebook, where you play our apps, you will need to follow that social network’s instructions in order to update your information and change your privacy settings.
To review and update information associated with your Wildlife Studios app profile in certain apps, visit the “settings” page in that app. You also can manage some aspects of information collection and use by visiting the “settings” page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application or “app.”
c. Opting Out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data and you no longer wish for us and our service providers to collect and use GPS location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Please see your device manufacturer settings. Please note that if you disable such features, you will not be able to access or receive some or all of the services, content, features, and/or products made available via the Services.
d. Opting Out of Push Notifications
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
e. Opting Out of Third Party Tailored Advertising
- • Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Page for U.S.-based advertising
- • Your Online Choices EU website for EU-based advertising; and
- • Google Ads Settings.
These opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not Wildlife Studios. Wildlife Studios does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
In addition, if you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties that relate to your interests in apps on your mobile device, you may opt-out by adjusting the ad tracking settings on your device. You can also reset the advertising identifier” (like an IDFA) from your mobile device’s settings page, which will prevent continued use of existing behavioral data tied to the previous “Advertising Identifier.” In addition, depending on the platform provider (such as Apple or Google), you may be able to download apps, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “AppChoices” app, that offer to provide you with control regarding the collection and use of cross-app data for tailored advertising. Like the opt-out tools mentioned above for the web, these mobile opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not Wildlife Studios. Wildlife Studios does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
Please note that you may still receive advertisements from third parties within Wildlife Studios' apps even if you opt out of tailored advertising, but they will not be based on your activity across unrelated websites or apps.
f. Opting Out of Cookies
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because Wildlife Studios cookies are necessary to provide our web-based Services.
g. “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
h. Privacy Policies of Linked Third Party Services and Advertisers
Our websites and apps may contain advertisements from third parties, which are companies other than Wildlife Studios that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third parties, and the collection, use, and disclosure of your information will be subject to the privacy policies of those third parties. If you have any questions about how these third parties use your information and how you can opt out, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Please see the links below to learn more about the data practices of the third-party services and advertising partners that we use or may use:
- • AdColony
- • Anzu.io
- • Applovin
- • Chartboost
- • Facebook Audience Network
- • Fyber
- • Google Admob
- • Google Analytics
- • InMobi
- • IronSource
- • LinkedIn Analytics
- • Mintegral
- • MoPub
- • Smaato
- • Tapjoy
- • Tik Tok (ByteDance)
- • UnityAds
- • Vungle
i. Our Policies Concerning Children
Protecting children’s privacy online is very important to us. Our Services are not directed to children (under 13 in the US, under 16 for EU residents, or other ages as required by local law), and the Services do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children.
When a user indicates they are under 13 (or the applicable age in their territory), we take actions such as limiting their access to certain features, such as social media plug-ins, chat features, and certain types of notification alerts and limiting the collection and sharing of personal information to only what is necessary to support the internal operations of our Services.
If you are a parent or guardian and have any concerns regarding the service, wish to review information collected from players, or have a player’s information modified or deleted, you may submit a request via our web form. We also encourage you to access our Safety Center, which contains detailed information about how we seek to protect the well-being of our players.
If we become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data, we will delete any Personal Data we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, terminate the child’s account, and/or revert them to the underage experience, as applicable. In specific and limited circumstances, we may instead seek to obtain verified parental consent, as allowed by local law.
Transfer of Information to Other Countries
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. For instance, we may retain chat conversations for six months after the conversation has taken place to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
Security of Your Information
We implement appropriate security measures to protect the security of your information. If you access our Services through a social network or email service and your account is hacked, this may lead to someone accessing your Wildlife Studios apps without your permission. Be careful to keep your social network or email account information, including your social network or email account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your Wildlife Studios account and any social network or email account you have used to access our Services after you use it.
When you play one of our games, we or our third-party payment processor use secure socket layer technology ("SSL") to encrypt the transmission of payment information. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us by visiting our website at http://tfghelp.helpshift.com/ and clicking the “How to contact us” link.